Reasons For Tooth Removal
The first priority of our dentists is to preserve your natural teeth for as long as possible. However, we may recommend wisdom tooth extraction in Corona, CA, due to the following reasons:
- Severely damaged tooth/teeth that cannot be saved with dental restorations require extraction.
- If you have impacted wisdom teeth, we will surgically remove them to minimize complications.
- Loose teeth due to trauma, periodontal disease, or any medical condition need to be extracted.
- We will pull out extra or supernumerary teeth to avoid overcrowding.
- Certain orthodontic treatments require extraction to correct the alignment of teeth.
- Removal of stubborn primary teeth is necessary for the proper eruption of permanent ones.
Process of Dental Extractions in Corona, CA
Typically the process of wisdom teeth extraction begins with a clinical examination of the oral cavity. We will assess the extent of tooth damage using dental x-rays and determine if extraction is the right option. If we deem that the tooth cannot be saved, we will proceed with the extraction process.
The first step involves the injection of a local anesthetic at the treatment site. It numbs the teeth and surrounding tissues, making you feel at ease. Based on the location and extent of damage, our Corona, CA, dentists will choose one of these approaches for successful tooth extraction:
- Simple Extraction: If the tooth is fully erupted and easily accessible, we will perform simple extraction to remove it. We will loosen the tooth with an elevator and pull it out using dental forceps.
- Surgical Extraction: It is a more complicated procedure that requires incision placement to access the tooth and bone. We usually perform this technique for extracting impacted teeth. After the process, we will place sutures to close the incision and promote healing.
Questions About Wisdom Tooth Extractions ?
Does Insurance Cover Tooth Extractions?
Many dental insurance plans offer partial or full coverage for extraction procedures. We will contact your insurance provider to maximize your benefits. Our Corona, CA, practice also offers flexible financing options and payment plans for dental extractions and other services. We aim to help you maintain a healthy, beautiful smile at a budget-friendly cost.
What People Say
Going to the dentist can be an anxiety-inducing experience, but as soon as I stepped into this office, I felt at ease. The entire staff is welcoming and friendly, making sure that you feel thoroughly taken care of every step of the way. Dr. Nguyen is kind, gentle, and reliable, and I couldn't be more grateful for his help. Thank you so much for the excellent work that you all do! 11/10 recommend!
~ Devki Bhatt
I had a bad toothache and needed a dentist right away. I live close by and I found the office across the street from the civic center. The office team was very nice and they squeeze me into the schedule. Dr. Nguyen was amazing! My mouth hurt so bad, he took away the pain right away. He told all my options. I said I wanted the tooth pulled. He did it quick and it didn't hurt. super happy. I will be back in a few months for an implant.
Thank you Dr. Nguyen and your team!
~ Kit Arra
Beautiful office. Amazing staff, Dr Nguyen is a great dentist. He explains everything in detail and his chair side manner is very pleasant. So happy I found this office.
~ AbiGail H
Safe And Painless Tooth Extractions
If you have been suffering from toothache or a dental infection, don’t delay treatment any longer. Visit our practice for comfortable wisdom teeth extractions in Corona, CA. Rest assured that your oral care is in the most skillful hands. Call us at (951) 736-0641 to book an appointment.