Root Canal Aftercare for Speedy Recovery
Proper aftercare is a must to steer clear of pain and any sort of infection. Here are some common post-op care instructions (root canal) that you should adhere to for fast recovery.
- Oral Hygiene Maintenance: Do not stop brushing your teeth at least two times a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush, paying extra attention to the treated area.
- Choose Soft Foods Post-op: The best strategy is to go for soft, easy-to-chew foods during your recovery period after the root canal until the area fully recovers to avoid straining the treated area.
- Limit Sugary and Acidic Foods: Reduce sugary and acidic foods and beverage content from your daily diet to minimize the risk of reinfection or cavity development.
- Avoid Eating Ice and Hard Candies: Chewing on ice or hard candies can harm your restored tooth, so steer clear of them.
- Regular Dental Checkups: Keep up with your dentist and make sure not to skip any scheduled appointments, including dental cleanings, to maintain excellent oral health.
- Let Anesthesia Fully Wear Off: Wait until the anesthesia completely wears off before you start eating or drinking to prevent accidental injuries to the treated area.
- Take Prescribed Pain Killers: Even if you do not have pain or discomfort right after the procedure, do not skip the medications prescribed by your dentist. They play a vital role in your recovery.
- Handle Treated Area with Care: Do not clean rigorously or eat on the tooth that underwent the root canal treatment.
- Choose Permanent Restoration: Consider asking your dentist for a permanent filling to reduce the risk of reinfection.
Questions About Root Canal Procedure – Foods to Eat During Recovery Time ?
When Can You Eat After Getting A Root Canal?
You can easily start eating after 30 to 40 minutes after a root canal, which is more than enough time to allow your temporary filling to completely harden. However, it is generally recommended that you wait until after the anesthetic effect wears off to prevent you from biting your cheek.
Food Items You Can You Eat After a Root Canal
Now that you are on the road to recovery at full pace, it is essential that you make the right choices, too. Foods that would not strain your treated tooth. Here is a list of soft foods that are ideal to eat after a root canal.
- Frozen yogurt
- Bananas, mashed or as it is
- Puddings or flan
- Boiled vegetables
- Mashed potatoes
- Boiled rice
- Scrambled eggs
- Soft bread
- Soft cheese
What People Say
Going to the dentist can be an anxiety-inducing experience, but as soon as I stepped into this office, I felt at ease. The entire staff is welcoming and friendly, making sure that you feel thoroughly taken care of every step of the way. Dr. Nguyen is kind, gentle, and reliable, and I couldn't be more grateful for his help. Thank you so much for the excellent work that you all do! 11/10 recommend!
~ Devki Bhatt
I had a bad toothache and needed a dentist right away. I live close by and I found the office across the street from the civic center. The office team was very nice and they squeeze me into the schedule. Dr. Nguyen was amazing! My mouth hurt so bad, he took away the pain right away. He told all my options. I said I wanted the tooth pulled. He did it quick and it didn't hurt. super happy. I will be back in a few months for an implant.
Thank you Dr. Nguyen and your team!
~ Kit Arra
Beautiful office. Amazing staff, Dr Nguyen is a great dentist. He explains everything in detail and his chair side manner is very pleasant. So happy I found this office.
~ AbiGail H
So, with these tips, you can ensure the success of this treatment for a healthy smile. Get in touch with professionals from Corona Dental Group to answer your queries regarding root canal treatment. Call us at (951) 736-0641 or visit 828 W 6th St., Corona, CA 92882, to learn more about what we have in store for you.