Why Is It Important To Maintain Dental Hygiene?
Your teeth and gums get exposed to a variety of substances every day in the form of food and drinks. Food debris combines with saliva and oral bacteria to form a sticky substance called plaque that gets deposited on the tooth surfaces. If plaque hardens, it converts into tartar which is harder to remove with regular brushing.
Continuous accumulation of plaque is a leading factor contributing to common dental issues such as cavities and gum infections. For this reason, we perform preventive procedures as a part of dental hygiene in Corona, CA, to keep your smile healthy and free of oral diseases.
Questions About Dental Hygiene ?
What Are The Signs of Poor Dental Hygiene?
Oral issues present with a wide range of symptoms that may affect your teeth, gums, and jaws. Common signs that may necessitate the need for dental hygiene treatment in Corona, CA, include:
- Dental cavities
- Tender or swollen gums
- Redness of gums
- Bleeding gums
- Gum recession
- Bad breath
- Foul taste in mouth
- Oral ulcers
- Swelling around the mouth
- Jaw pain
If you are facing any of these issues, it is better to visit our dental experts for suitable treatment. Early intervention can help to prevent them from developing into serious complications.
Tips for Maintaining Dental Hygiene
At our practice, we provide detailed guidelines and demonstrations for maintaining your oral health at home. Additionally, we also offer preventive treatments as a part of dental hygiene in Corona, CA. A proper oral care regimen includes the following instructions:
- Brush Your Teeth Daily: Use a proper technique to brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled brush that is not too harsh on gums.
- Use Prescribed Toothpaste: If you have cavities, we recommend brushing with fluoride toothpaste. Those with sensitivity or gum bleeding should use toothpaste as prescribed.
- Floss Your Teeth: The spaces between teeth cannot be cleaned by brushing alone. Use dental floss to gently clean this area at least once daily.
- Clean Your Tongue: Your tongue harbors a huge number of oral bacteria. After brushing, remember to clean your tongue with gentle brushing. You can also use a tongue scraper for this purpose.
- Use An Antibacterial Mouthwash: Rinsing your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash helps to get rid of unwanted bacteria. It also reduces plaque accumulation.
- Schedule Regular Dental Checkups: Routine oral exams and dental cleanings are important for maintaining oral health. It aids in the prevention of many dental issues, such as dental caries, periodontal disease, and pulpal infections.
What People Say
Going to the dentist can be an anxiety-inducing experience, but as soon as I stepped into this office, I felt at ease. The entire staff is welcoming and friendly, making sure that you feel thoroughly taken care of every step of the way. Dr. Nguyen is kind, gentle, and reliable, and I couldn't be more grateful for his help. Thank you so much for the excellent work that you all do! 11/10 recommend!
~ Devki Bhatt
I had a bad toothache and needed a dentist right away. I live close by and I found the office across the street from the civic center. The office team was very nice and they squeeze me into the schedule. Dr. Nguyen was amazing! My mouth hurt so bad, he took away the pain right away. He told all my options. I said I wanted the tooth pulled. He did it quick and it didn't hurt. super happy. I will be back in a few months for an implant.
Thank you Dr. Nguyen and your team!
~ Kit Arra
Beautiful office. Amazing staff, Dr Nguyen is a great dentist. He explains everything in detail and his chair side manner is very pleasant. So happy I found this office.
~ AbiGail H
Learn More About Dental Hygiene in Corona, CA
If you are a resident of Corona, CA, visit our practice to learn useful dental hygiene practices for keeping your smile bright and healthy. Call us to book an appointment today!